Tips for Patient Care as We Enter Flu Season
Flu activity rises and falls during the autumn and winter seasons and symptoms can often be challenging to counteract, especially for the disabled.
So as we enter the peak of the flu season, heed these tips for prevention, assessment and patient care!
- Know the common signs of influenza. The signs of influenza often include fever, cough, body ache, congestion, and fatigue.
- Protect yourself from getting infected. Remember to receive your flu shots as recommended by your physician.
- Properly clean and disinfect every surface of your vehicle used for medical transportation in Woodbridge, Virginia, to avoid the spreading of germs and bacteria to other patients.
- For patients that refuse to get assistance from medical transport services to take them to their nearest clinic, they are advised to: rest, take plenty of fluids, and take the appropriate prescribed medication.
- Lastly, practice good hand hygiene
Are you planning to travel for the holidays?
For patients that need assistance with traveling to and from their destination, like the airport, Pacific Medical Transport provides disabled individuals with airport shuttle in Virginia.Call us today to book an appointment!